9606 N. Mopac Expy. Ste. 150
Austin, TX 78759
Fax: (512) 275-0600
Buyers: Get your own Personalized web site & Instant Notification of new listings!
Please TEXT or EMAIL me & I'll text you a link which will allow you to run mobile map searches on your phone. You will get the same timely updates as I get; much quicker than any '3rd party' APP!
Customer Service Award
What Does a Realtor do for you?
Ok, so why would you need a professional? What do I do? The biggest part of what I do, other than showing houses, is negotiating. Once you find your home, let me tell you, it is not always a fun process to negotiate contracts, and if you are not experienced with the Austin Realtor standards and practices, it could be very confusing. With my Austin Realtor experience, I strive to make it as stress-free and smooth as possible. For first time home buyers or anyone that would like the information, I have a list of trustworthy mortgage brokers and inspectors, and always welcome new ones, if you have recommendations.
What does it cost you? One thing that is a common misconception is that you have to pay for Realtor services if you are buying a home. Every Realtor does it differently, but traditionally, the buyer's agent is paid by the seller through the listing agent. Let's say the listing agent is getting paid 6% of the sales price for listing a home for a seller; that listing agent will typically advertise in the MLS, and will commit to paying the buyer's agent a percentage of that 6%, let's say half or 3% of the sales price. Some people think that they are saving money by not having a buyers agent. That is almost always not true. In that situation, the 6% is just entirely paid to the listing agent. You save nothing and loose out on having a professional represent you in the transaction.
If you are buying a home, it does not cost anything to you to have me represent you as your Austin-area Realtor. My philosophy is to help you find what you are looking for, help you through the contract/negotiation process, and basically, provide you with my expertise. I am confident that you will be happy with my services! Based on feedback polls my office takes from clients after closings, I have consistently won customer service awards for giving superior service to my customers, putting me in the Top 5% of all Realtors out of my office (over 120 agents). It's all about making YOU happy so you refer your friends & family to me!
As your buyer's agent, I follow an 80-step checklist in getting your dream home from contract to closing. Please give me a call or email me to set up a time to get to know each other better. I would be honored to be your Austin-area Realtor. To give you a little info, here is my pledge to you as your Realtor...
- As your Realtor I will... answer all your questions. I am there to answer any questions you have. Whether you need a referral for an inspector or advice on what kind of mortgage loan to get, I have the knowledge and experience to answer.
- As your Realtor I will... listen to your needs. Each client is different. Some know exactly what they want and some need a lot of guidance from finding the right Austin neighborhood to figuring out their loan.
- As your Realtor I will... prepare offers and negotiate on your behalf. With my experience of the standards and practices in Austin real estate, I know what is typical of negotiations and what is not. I am there to protect you from any wrong-doing or unfair deals.
- As your Realtor I will... guide you through the buying or selling process. You never know how much will be involved in buying your home. It could be as simple as making an offer and getting the keys, but usually that's not the case. There are inspections, estimates, negotiations, and much much paper work; which is completely overwhelming if you don't know what it all is.
- As your Realtor I will... research the market to find you the best deal that matches your criteria. With my knowledge of the various Austin neighborhoods, I can help find a home that is right for you.
- As your Realtor I will... help you stay realistic. Finding a home involves compromises and self-discovery. I help you sort out the priorities of your search criteria and find out what is most important to you so that you find a home that really feels like home.
- As your Realtor I will... use standard realtor forms to draw up the offers. These are used for your protections as they have been written with care by lawyers to protect everyone involved in the transactions and prevent any possible oversights.
- As your Realtor I will... stay educated. I have taken hundreds of hours of courses over the past 14 years to keep my license and stay on top of this ever-changing business. This keeps realtors educated and on top of real estate topics.
- As your Realtor I am... part of the Austin Board of Realtors, the Texas Association of Realtors, and the National Association of Realtors. As part of these associations, I vow to follow a Code of Ethics.
- As your Realtor I am... legally (and by my own integrity) obligated to represent you and only you in a transaction. If I represent anyone else in a transaction that you are involved in, I have to disclose this to you and the other party. This is according to law.
- As your Realtor I will... help you find mortgage brokers, inspectors, insurance, or whatever you need. We do not get any kick-backs or any fees from these referrals. Our objective in giving referrals is to make the experience a good one. A bad inspector or mortgage broker can make what should be an exciting purchase into a bad one.
- As your Realtor I will... always remember that I am working for you. That means I want to make you happy!
Again, please give me a call or email me to set up a time to talk about what you're looking for. I would be honored to be your Realtor. -David Hooker